Candied Fruit Nut Fudge Recipe
Recipe: Candied Fruit Nut Fudge
Category: Christmas Candy Recipes
Student Level: preschool, kindergarten, elementary
3 C pecan halves
1 1/2 C Brazil nuts, chopped
1 1/2 C walnuts, chopped
1 C candied cherries
1 C candied pineapple
3 C sugar
1 C white corn syrup
1 1/2 C heavy cream
1 t salt
1 t vanilla extract
In a large mixing bowl toss together the pecans, Brazil nuts and walnuts.
- Add in the cherries and pineapple and toss slightly to incorporate.
- Place the sugar in a large saucepan.
- Pour the corn syrup and heavy cream into the pan with the sugar.
- Sprinkle in the salt.
- Place the pan over medium and bring to a rapid boil, stirring often.
- Allow the mixture to boil until it reaches 235 degrees on a candy thermometer or soft ball stStudent Level.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over the nuts and fruit in the bowl.
- Mix with a rubber spatula until well combined.
- Lay a piece of wax paper in a large baking pan making sure it comes over the edges to use as handles.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the pan.
- Allow the mixture to set before cutting into squares.
Serving Size: 48 pieces
Soft ball stStudent Level in candy means that when a small amount is dropped into cold water a ball will form. Using a candy thermometer will ensure that your sugar syrup is the right temperature every time.