Cinnamon Coffee Truffles Recipe
Recipe: Cinnamon Coffee Truffles Recipe
Category: Christmas Candy Recipes
Student Level: preschool, kindergarten, elementary
1 T boiling water
2 t instant coffee
2 1/2 t cinnamon, divided
1/3 C heavy whipping cream
6 (1 oz) squares bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 T butter, room temperature
3 T sugar
Place the water in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the coffee and 1 t cinnamon to the water.
- Stir to combine and set aside.
- Place the cream in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Heat the cream until it just begins to boil and remove from the heat.
- Place the chocolate and butter into the cream.
- Whisk the mixture until smooth.
- Blend the coffee mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- The mixture should be firm enough to roll into balls when removed from the refrigerator.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Place the remaining cinnamon into a small bowl.
- Add the sugar and toss to combine well.
- Remove enough of the chocolate mixture to roll into a 1 inch ball.
- Roll the ball into the cinnamon sugar mixture until completely covered.
- Place the truffle on the wax paper.
- Continue until all the chocolate mixture has been used.
- Refrigerate the truffles for 3 hours or until firm.
Serving Size: 18 truffles
When melting chocolate be sure to stir continuously. This will help the chocolate to melt and become smooth. Should your chocolate become clumpy add 1 t of solid shortening per square of chocolate and continue stirring until the mixture becomes smooth.