Honey Fudge Drops Recipe
Recipe: Honey Fudge Drops
Category: Christmas Candy Recipes
Age: preschool, kindergarten, elementary
4 C sugar, divided
1 C water, divided
2 egg whites
1 C honey
1/2 C peanut butter
1 t vanilla extract
- Pour 1 C of sugar in to a large saucepan.
- Pour in 1/2 C of water and place the saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to a rapid boil, stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to boil until it reaches soft ball stage or 235 degrees on your candy thermometer.
- Place the egg whites into a separate bowl.
- Pour the syrup over the egg whites, beating constantly, until the egg whites become very stiff.
- Place the remaining 3 C of sugar into a large saucepan.
- Add the remaining water, honey and peanut butter to the pan.
- Place over medium heat and bring to a rapid boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once boiling continue to boil the mixture until it reaches 235 degrees on the candy thermometer.
- Once the desired temperature is reached, remove the pan from the heat and slowly add the egg white mixture in being sure to stir well.
- Continue beating the mixture until it holds shape when dropped by a spoon.
- Stir in the vanilla when the mixture has reached this point.
- Place waxed paper on a flat surface.
- Use a teaspoon and drop the mixture into small mounds on the wax paper.
- Allow the mixture to cool and firm up before removing and placing in an airtight container.
Serving Size: 24 pieces
To check for the accuracy of your candy thermometer place it in a cup of boiling water. The temperature should read 212 degrees which is boiling. If it does not you will need to adjust the temperature either up or down by however many degrees it's off to ensure you are reaching the desired temperature for the candy.