Nutty Caramel Nougats Recipe
Recipe: Nutty Caramel Nougats Recipe
Category: Christmas Candy Recipes
Age: preschool, kindergarten, elementary
1 (14 oz) pkg. caramels
2 T water
2 T butter
2 C pecans, chopped
4 oz. white candy coating
4 oz. semisweet chocolate candy coating
Place the caramels, water and butter into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave the mixture on high for 1 minute.
- Stir the mixture and continue microwaving at 1 minute intervals, being sure to stir each time, until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Fold the pecans into the mixture.
- Layer a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Drop the mixture by rounded spoonfuls onto the wax paper.
- Place in the freezer 15 minutes or until set.
- Place the both types of candy coating into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high 30 seconds then stir.
- Continue microwaving at 15 second intervals, stirring each time, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip the nougats into the chocolate, being sure to cover them completely, and return them to the waxed line sheet.
- Place the nougats in the refrigerator until set.
Serving Size: 2 pounds
If nuts are not at the top of your list these also taste great using chopped dried fruit. Dried apricots, cherries or even raisins work well and better yet taste great.