Peanut Lovers Christmas Candy Recipe
Recipe: Peanut Lovers Christmas Candy Recipe
Category: Christmas Candy Recipes
Student Level: preschool, kindergarten, elementary
2 C confectioner's sugar, divided
1/8 t salt
1/2 t vanilla extract
1/3 C peanut butter
1 T butter, room temperature
3/4 C salted peanuts, chopped fine
Place the egg in a small mixing bowl.
- Beat the egg with an electric mixer on low just slightly.
- Add 1 C of confectioner's sugar, salt and vanilla to the egg.
- Beat with the mixer on medium speed until just combined.
- Add the peanut butter and butter and beat until all the ingredients are combined well.
- Fold in the remaining confectioner's sugar with a rubber spatula.
- The mixture should be firm enough to roll into balls.
- More confectioners' sugar can be added, 1 T at time until the mixture if as firm as needed.
- Place the nuts in a shallow bowl or pan.
- Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Form the mixture into 1 in. balls and roll the balls in the nuts to completely cover.
- Place the balls on the lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
Serving Size: 3 dozen
These little treats are a snap to make and because there is no cooking with heat involved they are the perfect candy for children to make. These can be rolled not only in nuts but in colored sugars or even holiday sprinkles. Let them give these to their teachers, grandparents and friends for a one of a kind Christmas gift.