Praline Pretzel Patties Recipe
Recipe: Praline Pretzel Patties Recipe
Category: Christmas Candy Recipes
Student Level: preschool, kindergarten, elementary
1 (14 oz) pkg. caramels
1/4 C butter, cut up
2 T water
5 C miniature pretzels
1 (18 oz) jar crunchy peanut butter
2 (12 oz) pkgs. Milk chocolate chips
Place the caramels in a microwave safe bowl.
- Add the butter and water to the caramels.
- Microwave the mixture on high for 1 minute.
- Remove from the microwave and stir the mixture together.
- Continue microwaving at 30 seconds intervals, stirring after each one, until the caramels melt and the mixture is smooth.
- Spread one side of each pretzel with the peanut butter.
- Spread the caramel mixture over the top of the peanut butter.
- Layer a cookie sheet with wax paper
- Place the candy into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high 30 seconds then stir.
- Continue microwaving at 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until the chocolate has melted and has become very smooth.
- Use a toothpick and dip each of the pretzels into the melted chocolate being sure to completely cover the pretzel.
- Lay in a single layer on the wax paper.
- Allow the candy to harden before storing.
Serving Size: 8 dozen
The mixture of sweet chocolate and salty pretzels along with the caramel and peanut butter give these crunchy treats big thumbs up with all of Santa's little helpers.