Raspberry Christmas Truffles Recipe
Recipe: Raspberry Christmas Truffles Recipe
Category: Christmas Candy Recipes
Age: preschool, kindergarten, elementary
20 squares semi sweet baking chocolate, divided
1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
2 t raspberry extract
Green and red sprinkles
Melt 8 of the chocolate squares as directed on the package.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the raspberry extract and mix until well combined.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator 1 hour or until beginning to firm and the mixture is easy to handle.
- Place wax paper over a large cookie sheet.
- Shape the chocolate raspberry mixture into small balls.
- Melt the remaining squares of chocolate as directed on the package.
- Dip each ball into the melted chocolate and place in a single layer on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the top of each ball with the red and green sprinkles.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours until candy becomes firm.
Serving Size: 36 truffles
Orange, peppermint, almond or rum extract can be used in these yummy Christmas truffles. If you can't find the flavored extract you want use 1/4 C of flavored liqueur instead.