Mexican Seasoned Turkey - once savored, you will want more and more of this seasoned turkey.
Product: Mexican Recipes for Kids
Category: Cinco de Mayo Fun - Mexico Multicultural Study
Mexican Seasoned Turkey
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 (1 ounce) package seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (7 ounce) can salsa
- 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chili peppers
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
Take a big pot and heat one tablespoon of oil. Break down the turkey into pieces and add to oily pot, and then add the seasoning mix. While stirring over low heat, add coriander leaves, oregano, chilies and tomato paste for the turkey to absorb the seasoning uniformly. Continue cooking until the turkey is browned.
Additionally, add beef broth, tomatoes, salsa and green chilies to the turkey and continue cooking for another ten minutes. Add water if necessary to thin the gravy.
Next add browned onions, green pepper and zucchini to the turkey and continue cooking for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Once required consistency is achieved, transfer the turkey to a bowl and garnish with sour cream, cheese, green onions and cheese for serving.
Other Mexican Recipes