It's All in There Salad - This salad has everything in it but there is room for more. Add chopped nuts, chopped bell peppers or sprinkle it with real bacon bits to boost it up even more.
Product: Fourth of July Recipes for Kids
Category: 4th of July Fun - Cooking Activities
It's All in There Salad
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 C of sugar
- 1/3 C of vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 C elbow macaroni, cooked and drained well
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 1/4 C ham, fully cooked and cubed
- 1 C process cheese, cubed
- 2 celery ribs, sliced thin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 C of pickle relish
- 3/4 C stuffed olives, sliced
- 1/3 C of mayonnaise
- Place the eggs into a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in the sugar, vinegar and sauce.
- Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until the mixture becomes thick and a thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature being sure to stir the mixture often.
- Place the macaroni, eggs, ham and cheese into a large serving bowl.
- Fold in the celery and onion until well combined.
- Add the pickle relish and olives blending them in well.
- Stir the mayonnaise into the cooled sauce.
- Fold the sauce into the salad until all the ingredients are well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate until just ready to serve
Makes 8 servings
This salad has everything in it but there is room for more. Add chopped nuts, chopped bell peppers or sprinkle it with real bacon bits to boost it up even more.
Other 4th of July Recipes and Recipe Ideas