Summer Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing - This salad is quite colorful and very tasty on a hot summer day. It can be served at room temperature or it may be chilled if you prefer.
Product: Fourth of July Recipes for Kids
Category: 4th of July Fun - Cooking Activities
Summer Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing
- 5 red potatoes cut in small chunks
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 C of frozen corn, thawed
- 1 celery rib, sliced thin
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 C mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2/3 C olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 C of white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Put the potato chunks into a large saucepan and cover the potatoes with water.
- Place the pan on medium heat and bring the water to a steady boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook the potatoes for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the potatoes well and allow them to cool to room temperature.
- Place the pepper strips, corn, celery, carrots, green onions and cheese into a large serving bowl.
- Add the cooled potatoes and toss gently to combine.
Pour the oil into a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk the garlic, vinegar, thyme, salt, sugar, garlic powder and pepper into the oil.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables and gently toss to coat.
Makes 12 servings
Preparation Time: approximately 30 minutes
Other 4th of July Recipes and Recipe Ideas