Other Interesting Facts and Trivia:
- William Henry Harrison (9th president of the U.S.) is Benjamin Harrison's grandfather. Like his grandfather, he studied law.
- Harrison had seven brothers and sisters.
- During the Civil War, he became a brigadier general and fought for the Union.
- Harrison fought for the rights of Native Americans and Civil War veterans.
- Six new states joined the Union during Harrison's presidency - the most of any president's term.
- Harrison worked to pass the Sherman Antitrust Act. It was a law to protect people from high prices of big companies.
- Harrison was only 5 feet 6 inches tall. Democrats called him "Little Ben."
- Harrison ran for president with a "front porch campaign." He stayed in Indianapolis and had political talks with reporters from there.
- Benjamin Harrison was the first president to have electricity in the White House.