Other Interesting Facts and Trivia:
- Bush grew up in a political family.
- After graduating from Yale University and Harvard, Bush worked in the oil business and later became governor of Texas.
- George Walker Bush was not named the winner of the 2000 election until December 12, 2000. The election was so close, that votes had to be recounted in Florida and a few other states.
- Bush won money for education programs in his first few months in office.
- Terrorists attacked the U.S. on September 11, 2001. The United States invaded Afgahanistan to capture the terrorists and the Afghan government was overthrown.
- Bush believed that the Iraq had weapons of mass destruction that threatened the United States. In 2003, the United States went to war, but no weapons were ever found.
- Bush is part owner of the Texas Rangers baseball team.
- In 2002, one of Bush's dogs (Barney, the Scottish Terrier) wore a video camera on his collar during Christmastime and the video was posted online. Barney made several other videos after his debut.