Other Interesting Facts and Trivia:
- John Adams and Thomas Jefferson were the only 2 signers of the Declaration of Independence who later became president. The both died on the same day - July 4, 1826 - exactly 50 years after they signed the Declaration.
- In 1774, Adams attended the Continental Congress in Philadelphia with his cousin Samuel Adams.
- Adams spent most of the Revolutionary War in Europe asking countries like France and Netherlands for help.
- Adams ran against Thomas Jefferson for president. He won by only three votes! However, he lost to Jefferson the second time he ran.
- Adams was the first president to live in the White House. At that time, it was called the "President's House." It became known as the White House because of it's color. The name became official in 1901.