Other Interesting Facts and Trivia:
- Kennedy grew up in a wealthy family with eight brothers and sisters.
- Kennedy graduated with honors from Harvard.
- JFK's father wanted one of his son's to be the first Catholic president.
- Debates between Nixon and JFK were the first ever to be shown on television.
- JFK fought for equal rights for all races.
- During Kennedy's presidency, the "Space Race" between the Soviet Union and U.S. heated up as well as the Cold War.
- JFK asked Congress to create the Peace Corps. Through this program, Americans volunteer to help underdeveloped nations in areas such as education, farming, health care, and construction.
- JFK was a World War II hero - he lead all survivors of a ship under his command to safety after the Japanese destroyed it.
- First Lady Jackie Kennedy brought style and grace to the White House. She redecorated the White House to make it a showcase.
- Kennedy was assassinated on November 22, 1963 while riding in an open car with his wife in Dallas, Texas. Lee Harvey Oswald was charged with his shooting. Oswald was murdered before he could stand trial.
- Kennedy's profile appears on the U.S. half dollar.