Other Interesting Facts and Trivia:
- Reagan was the first member of his family to go to college. He worked as a dishwasher and other odd jobs while attending Eureka College.
- In college, Reagan played football and acted in plays.
- After college, Reagan became a popular sports announcer in Iowa.
- Reagan became an actor. He made fifty-two films and hosted a weekly television program - General Electric Theater. He held various positions in the SAG (Screen Actors Guild).
- President Reagan loved jelly beans. When he became president, the Jelly Belly company came out with a new flavor - blueberry. Reagan then was able to have red, white and blue jelly beans in a jar on his desk.
- Reagan tried to improve the economy by cutting taxes and creating jobs. He increased spending on the military. This created a deficit in the Treasury.
- "Reagonomics" was a term given to Reagan's economic policy. He believed in cutting taxes for the wealthy because he thought the savings would "trickle down" to the rest of Americans.